If you are travelling internationally, you must book and travel with an internationally accepted form of ID. Please ensure you look up the travel requirements of each country you are travelling to, before booking your ticket. Busbud is unable to provide refunds due to visa denials.
Can I travel with my European ID card?
If you are an EU national and have a European ID card, you can book and travel with your ID if you are travelling within the Schengen area. While not all EU countries require that you carry an ID, we always suggest that you carry one with you just in case, as some countries require you to legally carry an ID with you at all times.
New requirements for travel to and from the United Kingdom
To enter the United Kingdom:
- As of the 1st of October 2021, you must enter the United Kingdom with a valid passport.
- If you hold a European, European Economic Area, or Swiss National ID, you will no longer be able to travel to the United Kingdom with your ID Card: Only passports will be accepted.
- There are exceptions, such as if you have 'settled' or 'pre-settled' status. Take a look at the UK Government website for detailed information.
Travel from the United Kingdom:
- If you hold a United Kingdom passport and are travelling internationally, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- You must also make sure that you have an empty page in your passport as you will have to have your passport stamped when you leave and enter the United Kingdom.
- Stay up to date with new visa requirements on the UK Government website.
Can I travel with my Mercosur ID card?
If you are from a Mercosur or Mercosur associated country, you can cross the borders between these countries with your National ID card. You do not need to travel with your passport.
These countries are:
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Important: Visa requirements
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you have all the necessary visa and travel requirements prior to travelling. Please check with your local consulate or embassy for up to date information. Busbud cannot provide accurate consular advice relating to visa requirements.
Still have a question?
Just drop us a line here. Our expert team will get back to you.
Are you ready to book your ticket?