Here are the policies regarding children traveling on New York Trailways buses:
- Children who have reached or passed their 2nd birthday, but have not reached their 15th birthday will be charged 75% of the one-way or round-trip fare applicable to adults, when accompanied by an adult-fare paying passenger. This means that children’s fare tickets may not be purchased separately, or without an accompanying purchase of an adult fare ticket.
- A maximum of 2 children will be allowed to travel at the discounted fare and children must be accompanied by an adult-fare paying passenger.
- Children who have reached or passed their 15th birthday will be charged the adult fare.
- Unaccompanied children of any age must pay the full adult fare, plus a $5.00 fee, and will be permitted to travel subject to the restrictions listed in the Children’s Travel Restrictions section below.
- All Unaccompanied Children’s tickets must be purchased at the departing bus terminal in person. No online or prepaid tickets will be sold for unaccompanied children.
The Company reserves the right to require proof of age.
Children’s Travel Restrictions – Adirondack & New York Trailways
Children age 12 through 16, may travel alone ONLY with an adult fare ticket purchased in person at the bus terminal (no online tickets); AND with an Unaccompanied Child Form, which must be completed at the originating ticket-selling agency and signed by a parent, guardian or custodian (A $5.00 fee is charged for each Unaccompanied Child Form. This is in addition to the fare.); AND on trips between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm, which do not exceed 8 hours in duration, and do not require changing buses; AND to a destination where the ticket-selling agency is open upon the child’s arrival; AND if parent/guardian/custodian will be present to meet the child upon arrival at the destination.
Children under the age of 12 must travel with a passenger 17 years of age or older.
Border crossings are not allowed
*The Company reserves the right to refuse unaccompanied children transportation. Please also keep in mind that children’s fares will apply only to those fares that allow such a reduction. This means that for some fares and travel destinations, they not permitted to offer discounts for children. Please call their customer care specialists to learn more about discounts for children at (800) 776-7548.